Women’s Power Page
Long have the women been pacified by policy changes, by reservation, by laws. But the situation and exploitation of women remains. Women have been fighting for their rights against feudal/caste/communal oppression, exploitation, state organized violence, state terror (e.g. AFSPA), domestic violence, rape, incest, sex trade, social harassment and violence.
The struggle of women is the struggle for Lok Raj!
In the present dispensation, both men and women are exploited and therefore it is important that men and women come together and fight for their rights. The women’s movement is not something exclusive, it is the struggle of our mothers, sisters, daughters, partners, and friends.
This Power Page for women is a way of bringing to you stories, articles, events and much more on the issues faced by women and the women’s movement as a whole.
- Safety at a Price!
- CONDEMN THE RAPE, HARASSMENT AND MURDER OF PEOPLE FROM THE NORTH EAST!
- Neighbourhood Committees should step into the leaderless vacuum
- Justified anger of the people cannot be put down by force!
- Protests actions continue to demand safety of women and people
- Condemn the attack on peaceful protestors!Violence against women cannot go unpunished! Build neighbourhood and mohalla committees to defend ourselves!
- Punish the Guilty! Those responsible for rape must be punished!
- Lok Raj Sangathan to Celebrate centenary of International Women’s Day in a big way
- Purogami Mahila Sangathan participates in the massive rally on women’s day
- Israeli Mother Addresses European Parliament
- Women march in Delhi in thousands to commemorate International Women’s Day on March 8
Share your story
Feel free to write to us with your stories to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: My story
(Note: please ensure that you give your full name along with the area you come from. Please note that men can also give in stories. No stories that have derogatory terms or abuses will be entertained.)