International Womens Day – 100 years!
Dear Sisters and Friends,
This year marks the centenary of the declaration of March 8 as International Women’s Day (IWD). Women have always been in the forefront of struggle throughout the world against exploitation on all social issues.
The women’s movement ha s come a long way, but it is threatened by subversion by the powers that be. The movement is being diverted towards accommodation within the system rather than struggle to genuinely empower women and men.
Long have the women been pacified by policy changes, by reservation, by laws. But the situation and exploitation of women remains. Women have been fighting for their rights against feudal/caste/communal oppression, exploitation, state organized violence, state terror (e.g. AFSPA), domestic violence, rape, incest, sex trade, social harassment and violence.
The struggle of women is the struggle for Lok Raj!
In the present dispensation, both men and women are exploited and therefore it is important that men and women come together and fight for their rights. The women’s movement is not something exclusive, it is the struggle of our mothers, sisters, daughters, partners, and friends.
This Power Page for women is a way of bringing to you stories, articles, events and much more on the issues faced by women and the women’s movement as a whole.
- Lok Raj Sangathan to Celebrate centenary of International Women’s Day in a big way
- Purogami Mahila Sangathan participates in the massive rally on women’s day
- Israeli Mother Addresses European Parliament
- Women march in Delhi in thousands to commemorate International Women’s Day on March 8
Share your story
Feel free to write to us with your stories to:
- email@example.com with Subject: IWD my story
(Note: please ensure that you give your full name along with the area you come from. Please note that men can also give in stories. No stories that have derogatory terms or abuses will be entertained.)
Shout that slogan out loud!
LRS will be organizing and taking part in meetings, events and seminars on the occasion of women’s day. We would like you to be a part of it. Send in your slogan for women’s day to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: IWD my slogan
Ensure that you write your name as well. We will also send you invites to any events being organized by LRS on the occasion of women’s day.
(Note: The best slogans will be featured on the women’s power page. If LRS decides to use your slogan you will be notified and your name will be mentioned. Slogans must not be derogatory to women or men and must not have abusive language.)
100 Years – International Womens Day!
Share, Support, Shout Out!
- Equal rights, equal opportunities: Progress for all!
- E-mail us with your slogans or feel free to add them to the comments section below. Or open a discussion on womens topics below.