A protest demonstration was organized on 4th April under the leadership of Lok Raj Sangathan at Nohar station in Hanumangadh district. The action was in support of a five-point demand in connection with the demand for change in timing of the Sadalpur-Hanumangadh passenger train 04778.
Several organisations and their leaders participated in this dharna along with Lok Raj Sangathan. A petition was submitted to the Zonal Manager of Western Railways, in the course of the dharna. Representatives of the various organisations addressed the dharna. Among them were Shri.Hanuman Prasad Sharma – vice-President of the All-India Committee of Lok Raj Sangathan, Om Sahu – ex-Sarpanch, Manoj Chaudhary – Member of the District Council, and several others.
It is worth mentioning that this struggle for change in schedule of the specific train has been going on since the last many months. The train’s time of arrival at Nohar used to be 7 p.m and was changed to 9:15 p.m. This is inconvenient for local people who travel every day.
Clockwise from top-left: A scene of the dharna, LRS VP Shri Hanuman Prasad Sharma with other leaderrs at the Nohar station, A clipping from the Nohar edition of Patrika and A banner showing the 5-point charter of demands.
The demands are:
- That the timing of the Sadalpur-Hanumangadh be restored to 7 p.m
- That passenger trains should halt at all stations, besides the specific halt station
- That a goods store be organized at Nohar station for traders
- That the height of the platform be raised to a higher level at the northern end of Nohar Railway station and at halt station
- That two more passenger trains be organized to run besides the long distance trains