An Action Committee to save lives of Krishna Mochi, Shobit Chamar and others.
Various social, cultural, human rights, Dalit Right organisation have come together to save lives of Krishna Mochi, Dharu Singh, Dharmendra Singh, Nanhe Lal, Veer Kumar Paswan and Shobit Chamar, poor Dalit landless labourers from Bihar State, Session cum TADA court of Gaya Bihar has awarded death punishment to them, black warrant of death has been issued against them. A mercy petition to commute their death penalty into life sentence is pending with the President of India. A committee headed by Justice Krishna Iyer is working to save their lives.
An action committee to save lives of Krishna Mochi, Shobit Chamar and others have decided to organise Press Conference to focus the issue.
Venue : Press Club, Near Azad Maidan, V.T. , Mumbai – 400 001.
Date : 22nd September, 2004 [Wednesday]
Time : 3.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- Speakers : Ms Teesta Setalwad,Co-Editor, Combat Communalism.
- Mr. Rajkishore, a senior social & cultural activist from Bihar
working with All India Committee for abolition of death penalty.
- Adv. P.A. Sebastian of CPDR, Mumbai.
- Mr. Shyam Gaikwad, Senior RPI leader.
- Mr. Sagar Sarhadi, Film Maker.
- Adv. Mihir Desai, Lawyers Collective.
- Mr. Ramesh Pimple, People’s Media Initiative & others.
You are requested to kindly depute your representative to cover the Press Conference and do the needful.