The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Amendment) Bill, 2015, popularly known as the land bill, was adopted by the Lok Sabha on March 10th 2015. It is awaiting approval in the Rajya Sabha. It is a regressive Bill and has to be opposed.
Important facts about the Bill:
Lok Raj Sangathan has been consistently opposing this regressive law. We provide here links to the laws, articles and actions against the land acquisition legislation over the past few years.
- The Land Acquisition Act, 1894
- The Special Economics Zones Act, 2005
- Land Acquisition (Amendment) Act, 2007
- The Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill, 2007
- The Land Acquisition (Amendment) Bill, 2009
- National Advisory Council, recommendations, 25th May, 2011 (Press Release)
- The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act 2013
- The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Second Amendment) Bill, 2015
ARTICLES & ACTIONS AGAINST THE LAND ACQUISITION LEGISLATION
- भूमि अधिग्रहण अध्यादेश के खिलाफ़ देशभर के किसान सड़कों पर उतरे
- Land Acquisition – history and issues
- Response to the Land Acquisition (Amendment) Bill, 2007 and the Resettlement and Rehabilitation Bill, 2007
- Children march in solidarity with rural brothers and sisters
- Unitedly oppose the Ordinance on land acquisition!
- Response of LokRaj Sangathan to THE DRAFT NATIONAL LAND ACQUISITION AND REHABILITATION & RESETTLEMENT BILL, 2011